|Electric Mantis Tiller|
Yes, the Electric Mantis Tiller is DEFINITELY quieter - which would be expected on a non-gasoline powered tool.
But, in our case, it really isn't all that practical - for two major reason (this is just applicable to me folks!):
1) Our garden space is far enough away from the house to make running a cord somewhat awkward.
2) When I'm working in the garden, I kind of go into a "zone" where I'm not thinking about much other than the task at hand. I love looking at the dirt being churned up - it's almost a little mesmerizing for me - and if I had to concentrate on being aware of maneuvering an electric cord while I'm dancing with my little Mantis Cultivator (sometimes I push forward, sometimes I "pull" it for a change of pace), then I wouldn't feel as "free."
Again, this is just me! :)
BUT... having said that, if I lived in a neighborhood where the yards were smaller and closer together, and where the garden spaces were a little closer to the house, I would ABSOLUTELY consider the Electric Mantis Tiller.
It IS quieter than the gas-powered models (although the 4-cycle model is quieter than the 2-cycle model). This is certainly something that would be appreciated by the neighbors. :)
A couple of quick specs on the Electric Mantis Tiller/Cultivator:
- It weighs only 21 pounds.
- The 540 watt, 115 volt, 3/4 hp (horse power) motor moves the tines up to 240 rpm.
- The motor has a built-in circuit breaker.
- It cuts a 9" path, and the tilling depth is 10".
So, this one might work great for you!
Here are the best prices for the Electric Mantis Tiller/Cultivator: